CHILD AND FAMILY THERAPIST
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Provides counseling and mental health services for children and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts mental health assessments and develops treatment plans on assigned clients.
- Provides direct counseling services to clients as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a schedule of appointments with clients and provides services using a focused therapy approach.
Provides mental health case management and writes correspondence related to client needs and advocacy when necessary.
- Maintains parent/family and other agency contact as appropriate.
- Communicates with other therapists/professionals concerning the client’s needs and progress.
- Makes community referrals when appropriate and maintains knowledge of community resources.
- Participates in staff meetings and group supervision sessions.
- Adheres to supervision requirements as specified in Easter Seals Oregon Children'sTherapyCenterpolicy and by applicable Oregon Administrative Rules.
- May be required to provide mental health services out of clinic; such as schools, medical clinics, or with community partners.
- Knowledge of mandatory reporting laws and follow-through with making abuse or neglect reports when appropriate.
- Abides by a professional code of ethics.
- Complies with Easter Seals Oregon Children'sTherapyCentermental health certification requirements and requirements of applicable Oregon Administrative Rules.
- Meets applicable timelines established by Oregon Administrative Rules for reports and documents requiring supervisor and Licensed Medical Practitioner sign-offs.
- Maintains confidential case files on clients with all required paperwork.
- Completes written daily progress notes regarding client’s progress and encounter forms for billing within prescribed timelines.
- Must comply with current organization Policies and Procedures as they relate to HIPAA Privacy and Security in effect at the time of employment.
- Will maintain disclosures to the minimum necessary and attend all mandated trainings as required by policies.
- Will access only the protected health information necessary to complete job duties.
Ensures client privacy and security.
- Adheres to documentation standards as prescribed in applicable Oregon Administrative Rules.
- Follows specified standards, policies and procedures of Easter Seals Oregon Children'sTherapyCenter.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor including, but not limited to, children’s groups, information and referral, conducting trainings, and representing Easter Seals Oregon Children'sTherapyCenter on committees, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a master’s degree in social work or counseling. Applicable professional licensure preferred.
- Must possess competencies and skills required to qualify as a QMHP.
- Must have previous experience counseling children with mental health and developmental disorders.
- Ability to follow instructions, accept responsibility and conduct oneself with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisor, parents, fellow staff members and other agencies.
- Ability to adhere to supervision requirements and documentation standards prescribed by applicable Oregon Administrative Rules.
- Ability to manage time well and within parameters of FTE status and established work schedule.
- Sees beyond self to organizational needs.
- Dresses and grooms appropriately for the job.
- Ability to maintain open communication with other staff.
Uses sound judgment.
- Ability to legibly document data for client files and reports.
Proficient writing and oral skills.
- Good writing skills for daily progress notes and ability to utilize computer for documentation of evaluation.
- Good face-to-face and telephone verbal communication skills to communicate with team members, other staff, parents/ guardians and community professionals.
- Verbal and listening skills needed to provide direct counseling services.
Knowledge of various disabilities.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of effective focused therapeutic approaches for children and families.
Valid Oregon Driver’s License required.
- Criminal history check required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a salaried, exempt position. Valid Oregon Driver’s License required. Criminal history check required.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Donna Waller, Executive Vice President
Easter Seals Oregon
5757 SW Macadam Ave
Portland OR 97239